Whitgift House is a purpose built home offering both an independent lifestyle in sheltered flats and full nursing care in beautiful grounds bordering Whitgift School, South Croydon.
Staff offer outstanding care provision and the home has been awarded the highest accreditation of 'Beacon Status' in End of Life Care through an independent quality assurance process. Whitgift House offers a popular luncheon club open to all nearby elderly residents. A dedicated activities co-ordinator provides a full programme of daily activities both within the home and to places further afield.
Accommodation and Facilities
- 34 single and double rental flats with 24 hour on call system.
- 36 bedrooms for full care with nursing beds and alarm call system.
- Communal facilities include a dining area, three day rooms and a community room.
- An exclusive chapel where residents are welcome to attend weekly services if they wish.
- A dedicated GP. Services provided at an additional cost include a weekly hairdresser, monthly chiropodist, as well as newspapers and magazines.
Sheltered accommodation – We welcome physically able residents to live in our rental flats as there are stairs to negotiate and not all blocks have a lift. Nursing care or personal care is not offered.
Full nursing care – Whitgift House is not registered for the mentally frail, however we are able to manage most other nursing needs, subject to an assessment.